This ten-day RTITB accredited Forklift Instructor training course equips previously certificated Forklift Operators, Experienced and Certificated Drivers who wish to qualify as Instructors.
Who should attend?
Pre-entry requirements for this RTITB Forklift Instructor training course are that the candidate provides documentary evidence (certificate) that they have successfully completed the Practical test(s) of Basic Operating skills within the 12 months preceding the course start date. If you do not have an RTITB certificate, or it is more than 12 months old you will be required to undergo a Basic Skills Operator Test, prior to commencement of Instructor Course.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Plan, prepare and present Fork Lift Truck instruction
- Conduct and mark theoretical tests
- Issue certificates to operators
- Train to RTITB (Road Transport Industry Training Board) standard
This RTITB Forklift Truck Instructor course will cover the following modules
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Instructional techniques
- Safety responsibility of the operator
- Workplace hazards
- Assessment of participants’ operating abilities
- Pre-service checks
- Presentations of practical lessons by participants
- Fork Lift Truck operator testing, theory and practice
- Assessment by outside examiner and examination
Location of Training
All RTITB Forklift Truck Instructor training must be carried out in an RTITB accredited warehouse. Allied Training is an RTITB accredited training company it is recommended that the training be carried out in our dedicated training centre.
Methods of training
The course is based on classroom methods and practical lessons on Fork Lift Trucks. Participants are videotaped during presentations and are continuously assessed on their level of knowledge and ability in both theory and practical instruction on Fork Lift Trucks.
- Candidates must have a current and valid Forklift Operators Certificate.
- Candidates must have several years Forklift driving experience.
- Candidates must have received formal operator refresher training within the 12 months prior to attending the Forklift Instructor course.
- If a candidate trains as a Counterbalance Truck Forklift Instructor, this will only qualify him/her to deliver training on Counterbalance Trucks. A further one day conversion course would be required to qualify the instructor to deliver training on a Reach Truck or Pallet Truck.
- On attending the course all participants must have two passport photographs with them for RTITB registration
**Please note all participants must furnish a valid copy of their Fork Lift Truck Operators Certificate prior to training commencing.**
All participants will complete a theoretical and practical exam. On successful completion of the exam participants are awarded an RTITB Forklift Instructor Certificate which is valid for three years.
*Funding may be available for training courses, where applicable. Don’t delay, call us today on 1850 255433, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online*