In organisations today we have a duty to look after the health, safety and well-being of people. Those involved in Patient Handling are a key part of that responsibility. To comply with current Health and Safety legislation, SHW at Work (General App) Regulations 2007, Part 2 Workplace and Work Equipment, Chapter 4 “Manual Handling of Loads” and Amendment Regulations 2007 we have designed this Patient Handling Training Course.
Who Should Attend?
All staff engaged in lifting and handling patients during their working day. No pre-course requirements are needed in order to undertake this course.
On completion of the Patient Handling course, participants will be able to:
- Lift and handle patients safely
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Provides care and nursing staff with the knowledge to facilitate compliance with legislative and workplace arrangements, relating to manual handling
Introduction to Manual Handling
- Manual Handing
- Work Place Arrangements
- Factors affecting manual handling
- Provides nurses & care staff with the knowledge to undertake the handling of patients safely – for themselves and for the patient
- Normal Human Movement
- Patient Handling Aid & Technique
- Practice and support facility policies and procedures for identifying, assessing and controlling patient handling risks.
- Promote and support participative arrangements and communication strategies for managing patient handling risks
- Provides nurses & care staff to demonstrate the practice and skill to undertake the handling of patients safely – for themselves and for the patient
- The trainer/assessor may gather evidence of competency through successful completion of the Assessment Practical for the particular skill required.
Assessment / Certification:
- Each participant will be assessed on their practical lifting techniques.
- An Allied Training certificate of awareness will be issued to the various participants which is valid for two years.
- A completed manual handling assessment form for each participant will be supplied to their employer.
- 1 day
*Funding may be available for training courses, where applicable. Don’t delay, call us today on 1850 255433, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online*