This one day Paediatric First Aid Course is specifically designed for parents, grandparents, babysitters and all those who require a basis for providing basic Paediatric First Aid in an emergency situation. It is designed to assist participants in the treatment of minor accident / incident injuries and life saving skills. This is not a substitution for the Occupational First Aid course. Occupational First Aid is a certified and intensive 3 day course with more in depth, practical and theoretical examination of the role / responsibilities of the First Aider.
On completion of this Paediatric First Aid Course, the participants will have a basic knowledge of Paediatric First Aid and what to do in the event of an emergency while waiting for a qualified person (Doctor, Ambulance personnel etc) to arrive at the scene.
- Child CPR
- Head Injuries
- Course De-Brief and Assessment
- Assess a situation (scene, casualty or casualties) quickly and safely
- Arrange for medical help (Doctor, Cardiac Ambulance etc)
- First Aid (A, C, B, C, D – Airway, C-spine, Breathing, Circulation, Disability),
- Life-threatening conditions – shock, cardiac arrest, asphyxia, respiratory arrest.
Presentation, supplemented by videos, flipchart discussions and practical demonstrations throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also used.
- Maximum of 10 participants.
- 1 day duration (or equivalent).
- All our instructors are registered with the OFAAA.
Participants will receive an Allied Training certificate which is valid for 3 years.
*Funding may be available for training courses, where applicable. Don’t delay, call us today on 1850 255433, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online*