Our First Aid Responder Course replaces the current Occupational First Aid course. FAR also includes the full PHECC Cardiac First Response Community Standard. This programme requires a high level of trainee participation and interaction where the theory is enhanced by practical demonstration of skills and practical application by trainees.
To provide the learner with the knowledge, practical skills and understanding required to provide and co-ordinate first aid in the workplace in compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007; Part 7, Chapter 2 :First Aid.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the responsibilities of an Occupational First Aider.
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- Be capable of co-ordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace.
- Course Introduction.
- Unit 1 – First in the Workplace.
- Unit 2 – Patient Assessment.
- Unit 3 – Respiratory Emergencies.
- Unit 4 – Cardiac First Response.
- Unit 5 – Wounds and Bleeding.
- Unit 6 – Altered Levels of Consciousness.
- Unit 7 – Muscloskeletal Injuries.
- Unit 8 – Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock.
- Course de-brief and assessment.
Classroom presentation on multimedia/ videos. Practical demonstrations of techniques. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided.
Assessments & Certification:
Assessments are held at the end of the course. The participants will receive a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) First Aid Response Certificate which is valid for 2 years.
- Maximum of 8 participants.
- 3 day duration.
*Funding may be available for training courses, where applicable. Don’t delay, call us today on 1850 255433, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online*