There is a legal requirement E.C. Regulation 852/2004 that all food handlers are trained commensurate to their duties. This brand new Food Safety (Level 1) course takes into account all of the recent changes and requirements in food safety legislation and standards. The course updates all existing materials and focuses on the requirement under E.C Regulation 852/2004 (Hygiene of Foodstuffs). The Food Safety Authority and Department of Food and Children have provided assistance in the development of the course and DVD.
- Session 1 Introduction to Food Safety
- Session 2 Microbiological Hazards
- Session 3 Food Contamination
- Session 4 HACCP From Food Delivery to Storage
- Session 5 HACCP From Food Preparation to Cooking and Service
- Session 6 Personal Hygiene
- Session 7 Food Premises and Equipment
- Session 8 Pest Contro
- Session 9 Cleaning and Disinfection
- Session 10 Food Safety Law and Enforcement
Part of the course allows for interactive quiz.
Who Should Attend
In the E.C. Regulation No. 852/2004 food handlers are required to be supervised and instructed and/or trained in hygiene matters. The aim of this course is to provide staff with adequate training in the basic principles of food hygiene. This course is fully recognised by your Environmental Health Officer. Assessment & Certification: To receive certification for Basic Food Hygiene all participants must successfully complete a theory exam. Certification is valid for 3 years from the date of training.
Maximum of 12 participants.