Who Should Attend?
This is a two day PHECC First Aid Responder Refresher Course for existing Approved, Occupational First Aiders, who are due for their refresher course.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate up-to-date practical skills.
- Explain new developments in First Aid.
- Aims – Prevent further harm; preserve life; promote recovery.
- Responsibilities of First Aiders.
- Primary Surveys – Medical & Trauma.
- Making a diagnosis.
- Life threatening conditions: asphyxia, respiratory & cardiac arrest, shock.
- Casualty interview (S.A.M.P.L.E).
- Casualty Report Forms.
Classroom presentation on multimedia/ videos. Practical demonstrations of techniques. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided.
Assessments & Certification:
Assessments are held at the end of the course. Fetac Level 5 Certificates are valid for 2 years.
- Maximum of 8 participants.
- 2 day duration.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Trainees must submit their last OFA Certification on or before the day of the Refresher:
- It must be either a 3 day Occupational First Aid course or a 1 day Refresher of same. (Occupational must be referenced).
- It must indicate who instructed and who examined and include their Ambulance Board registration numbers.
- It must have a 3 year expiry date.
- It must be within 3 years and 1 month of certification on the day of the course.
- Generally these certs will be Irish (Or a US certification which is similar.
*Funding may be available for training courses, where applicable. Don’t delay, call us today on 1850 255433, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online*