This half day Abrasive Wheels Training Course is designed to provide course participants with the appropriate knowledge of the hazards and dangers when working with Abrasive Wheels. It also provides participants with the expertise required to mount an Abrasive Wheel.
Who Should Attend?
For all those persons who purchase, operate and maintain Abrasive Wheel machinery. This Abrasive Wheels Training Course covers both fixed (bench grinders) and portable (con saws, angle grinders etc) machinery or can be made specific to either.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the legal requirements of working with Abrasive Wheels.
- Select the appropriate wheel or cutting disc for the job.
- Correct use and mounting of an Abrasive Wheel.
- Understanding the function of the Abrasive Wheel (fixed or portable).
- Discuss the Abrasive Wheels Regulations, 1982.
- Identify the hazards of working with Abrasive Wheels.
- Evaluate the causes of Abrasive Wheel Accidents.
- Define the method of Abrasive Wheel selection.
- Function of flanges, blotters and other components.
- Inspection and test of Abrasive Wheels.
- Guarding of Grinding and Cutting machines.
- Selection of correct Personal Protective Equipment.
- Dress and Truing of the Wheel.
- Correct procedure for Wheel Mounting.
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
- Maximum of 12 participants.
- 1/2 day duration
Participants receive an Allied Training certificate which is valid for 3 years.
*Funding may be available for training courses, where applicable. Don’t delay, call us today on 1850 255433, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online*